All CCPL locations have meeting areas for public use.
As a public institution dedicated to free expression and free access to ideas representing all points of view concerning the problems and issues of our times, the Programming Rooms of the Campbell County Public Library are available on equal terms for the lawful activities of all non-profit groups who agree to abide by the regulations stated below.
Eligibility For Group Room Use:
For advanced reserve:
1. An organization or group must be meeting for a non-business/non-monetary purpose or for the benefit of a non-profit organization. This excludes business purposes such as private tutoring, home retail sales, group sales, etc.
2. Rooms may be booked up to 3 months in advance.
3. Campbell County and library events take precedent over other usages.
4. Any kind of religious or political event must be open to the public, be free of charge, and may not use the library’s logo or imply library sponsorship in its materials.
5. The library reserves the right to limit repeated scheduling..
6. The library reserves the right to assign the appropriate room for size to your group, which may change at any time.
For spontaneous use:
1. All of the above conditions apply.
2. If a room is vacant, patrons are welcome to “check out” the room for an hour at a time.
3. If the large community room is vacant, patrons are welcome to occupy that room at their leisure, understanding that both patrons and staff may come and go from this space freely and that they may be asked to vacate the space for a scheduled event and preparation for a scheduled event.
• Telephone messages for those attending meetings will be limited to emergencies only.
• Smoking is not permitted in the Library Programming Room.
• Attendance shall not exceed Fire Code Regulations.
• The Library does NOT provide babysitting services. Adults attending meetings should not leave their children unattended in the Library.
• The Programming Room is not available for receptions, parties, showers, etc.
• The Library reserves the right to request in advance copies of displays or literature shown or distributed at meetings using the Library facilities. Materials not in keeping with the Programming Room policy may be prohibited.
Responsibilities and Requirements of Borrowing Organization:
• Organizations are welcome to change the seating arrangement but are responsible for restoring the room to its original arrangement.
• Only library equipment specified on the reservation form will be available for use. During the time the room is reserved, the organization is responsible for the equipment. The library is not responsible for technology operation.
• The organization sponsoring the meeting accepts full responsibility for proper conduct of those attending the meeting and for any damage to library property. The Chairman or host is responsible for maintaining orderly conditions during the meeting, as well as when entering and leaving.
• When the Programming Room is to be used by organizations of students or other young people, an adult sponsor must make the reservation and must be present and responsible for the entire meeting.
• Neither the name nor the address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
• Any publicity, e.g. brochures, radio, or TV announcements, etc., must carry the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting. The Library may not be identified as the sponsor.
• The organization shall abide by any further rules and regulations adopted by the Library regarding use of the Programming Room.
Adopted by the Campbell County Library Board of Trustees, March 20, 2016.
Ready to Book?
Call, email, or visit your library branch. A short form must be completed. Contact info is listed below.