Beginning Wednesday, May 27, this service will be provided 9:30 am-5pm from Monday- Friday at Rustburg, Timbrook, and SRML- Altavista and 9:30am- 5pm from Tuesday- Thursday at PHML-Brookneal.
Curbside Pick-Up is only available for checking out books, DVDs, and audiobooks. No other transactions will be handled through curbside.
Please understand that for the protection of you and our staff, we will maintain appropriate social distancing measures.
What to Do
- Place your item(s) on hold through the Library’s Online Catalog accessible on our website www.campbellcountylibraries.org or by calling your regular CCPLS branch location at least 24 hours in advance. (A helpful video can be found here.)
- Wait until you receive a notification that your item(s) are available for pickup. (Note: items placed on hold together are not guaranteed to be ready for pickup at the same time.)
- After you receive your notification, please call the CCPLS branch location you selected to pick your item(s) up at, and schedule a day and time for curbside pick-up.
- When you arrive to pick up your item(s), please park in one of the designated spaces near the entrance of the library.
- Call the library branch you are at to let us know you are here. You will be asked to confirm your name, library card number, and the items you are picking up.
- After your item(s) have been checked out, a member of the library staff will place your item(s) on a table set up in front of the library. Please stay in your car until the member of the library staff has re-entered the building.
- After the library staff member has re-entered the building, exit your car and pick-up your items from the table.
- If for some reason you are unable to make your pick-up appointment, please call the library as soon as possible to reschedule a pick-up day and time.
To Use Curbside Pick-Up
- You must have a physical library card.
If you do not have or have lost your physical library card, please call the CCPLS branch closest to you to register for a card. A physical card will be mailed to you.
- Your library card must be current and in good standing (fines under $5). For questions regarding fines or expired cards, please contact your regular CCPLS library branch.
- There is a 10-item limit per pick-up, per library card, per day. Example 1: If a parent/guardian has multiple children with their own library card, each child may place up to 10 items on hold on their cards for curbside pick-up. When calling the library to reserve a curbside pick-up day and time, parents/guardians will need to let library staff know that they will also be picking up items on hold on their children’s cards. Example 2: If you have more than 10 arrived hold items on one library card, you will need to schedule two pick-up appointments on two separate days. Note: The regular DVD limit of 6 Adult DVDs and 6 Juvenile DVDs per library card is still in effect, and counts towards this 10 item limit.
- This service is for picking up items on hold ONLY. No other transactions will be handled through curbside.
- All items are to be returned using the outside book drop; staff will not bring them in from a patron’s car. This will allow staff to gather them and disinfect them safely.
- Item(s) can be renewed online by logging into your library account on our website www.campbellcountylibraries.org or by calling any CCPLS branch during business hours.
- We made a video to help! Click here.