Youth Summer Reading Challenge 2020
It’s time for another awesome summer! This year’s theme is “Imagine Your Story,” so let your creativity run wild! We’ve got activities about fairy tales, Greek mythology, magical stories, and much more. Earn badges by reading, using your imagination, and having lots of fun! Oh, and did we mention, you could win prizes??? Register for our virtual program, Beanstack, here!
- All ages have a program available, but this specific program is for Ages 10 and under.
Paper Reading Log:
- Log into Beanstack to earn!
- The more badges you earn, the more likely you are to win!
- Every badge you earn gets you a certain number of tickets that you can enter into drawings for super cool prizes! YOU can decide how to spend your tickets!
- Head to the Ticket Drawings tab to check out the prizes and spend your tickets.
- We will also have smaller prizes for random weekly raffle winners! You will NOT spend tickets for these raffles. Every badge you earn automatically gives you another entry into these weekly drawings!
- Each summer, CCPLS gives our young patrons the goal of reading 500 minutes. To encourage you along the way, we will award badges and tickets for every 20 minutes of reading. Once you achieve this goal, keep reading to earn Bonus! badges and even more tickets and entries into prize raffles!
- Here’s a secret – CCPLS doesn’t mind if you keep track by counting minutes, pages, or books! The choice is yours! Even though our badges say “minutes,” feel free to convert reading however you see fit. We suggest the following math: 20 minutes = 10 pages = 1 picture book.
- Earn ANY combination of 25 badges to complete the challenge! Once you earn the completion badge, you will receive 10 tickets and a Book Plate. Library staff will contact you with more information after you reach this step.
- Keep earning badges for more chances to win!
We welcome questions! Email Katie Lane at email@example.com or call 434-332-9655.
Follow us on social media to stay up-to-date on all things Summer Reading!
Will internet access prevent you or a friend form participating? Please reach out to Katie above.