We’re now home to a new collection of nontraditional library materials! These items are separated into four main categories:
See what’s available by location:
Here’s how it works:
- Items can be checked out by anyone 18+ years old with a valid CCPLS, LPL, or BPLS card in good standing (under $5 in fines).
- Find what you want on our catalog, and note where it’s located.
- Call or visit that branch to make sure it’s available for you to pick up (no holds allowed). You must pick up from and return to their home branches; they will not be able to go in the courier system.
- When you’re at the library, sign our waiver to become a Beyond Books Borrower (BBB). You’ll only need to do this once. See here for a digital version.
- Items can be checked out for either one or two weeks! Overdue fines are $1/day.
Why does this collection exist?
“The Campbell County Public Library System is dedicated to meeting the evolving educational, informational and cultural needs of the public.” (CCPLS Mission Statement)
We believe that patrons will benefit from having access to nontraditional materials. These materials will help them lower costs, explore different hobbies, and learn new things. Many libraries throughout the country have already adopted a “Library of Things.” This collection is our way to provide new opportunities to our existing patrons, while also reaching out to potential patrons who will find value in this service.
For more information about the collection, please contact Emily Correa (email@example.com).