One ornament created and dropped off to a CCPLS branch on Thursday, November 5 from 2 to 5pm will be sent to the Executive Mansion to hang on their tree.
Ornament Guidelines :
• The Executive Mansion suggests a depiction of some unique feature that is specific to your community, such as a historic home, a noted person, a natural feature, an animal or plant from the region, etc. with the understanding the overall theme this year will be Home for the Holidays.
• The Executive Mansion prefers hand-made ornaments as opposed to purchased ornaments.
• The Executive Mansion has asked to keep the ornament for future use.
• Examples of materials that could be used for creating the ornament include clay, glass, shells, fabric, wood, found objects, and objects from nature.
• The ornament should be no larger than 6 inches in any dimension.
• Please no battery operated ornaments or any weighing more than 1.5 ounces or they will not be able to be displayed on the trees.
• The finished ornament should include the name of the locality, year and artist on the back or bottom.
• The artist/artisan should reside in or near the locality. Seek artists in your community at local colleges or societies or guilds for arts, woodworking, glass making, etc.
• Each of our four CCPLS branches will be accepting ornaments from 3 to 5pm on Thursday, November 5, 2020.
• Ornaments not sent to the Executive Mansion will be used as CCPLS decoration for 2020. Winner will be notified.
• Contact Katie at email@example.com or 434-332-9507 for any questions or accommodations.
• Earn a virtual badge in our Beanstack app by creating an ornament. Prize opportunities available!
• Must be under 17 years of age to enter. Family projects welcomed.