Interlibrary (ILL) Requests are only for materials NOT available in the Campbell County, Bedford County, and Lynchburg City Systems. Before placing an ILL Request, please check our online card catalog to see if there is a listing for the item.
If you find the item in our online card catalog, you DO NOT need to fill out an ILL Request. You can reserve it directly from the online card catalog (using your library card and PIN number) and have it sent to your home branch.
**Newly published items are not available through interlibrary loan. If our libraries do not have a recently published item, contact your home library branch to make a purchase suggestion, instead.**
Note: The minimum time to process an ILL request is 2 weeks. The time varies depending on the availability of the item.
Please read the following policies before making an ILL Request.
- A patron can have a maximum of 3 active requests at any time. A request is considered active from the time it is initiated until three days after the material is returned.
- The library is unable to borrow items published in the current calendar year.
- The library cannot borrow items printed before 1800. We will try to borrow these materials in reprint or microform, if available.
- The library cannot borrow audiobooks, music CDs, or videos.
- Patrons owing fines of $5.00 or more and/or lost materials may not request an ILL until the fines have been reduced, a payment plan is in place, and/or the lost materials are cleared. The library will not process ILL requests for patrons with overdue ILL materials.
- Materials must be returned by their due date. If more time is needed, please notify the library well in advance of your due date and we will try to see if the item can be renewed.
- These items are borrowed from a library not belonging to the Campbell County Public Library System (CCPLS). Any damage to books will be the borrower’s financial responsibility, the amount of which is decided by the lending library, not by CCPLS.
- It is your responsibility to return ILL books inside the library during regular business hours. Do not put them in the book drop.
- Failure to return ILL items properly, on time, and in good condition will cause you to lose borrowing privileges.
- There will be a charge of $3.00 to offset postage costs for each item shipped via the US Postal Service.
- Lending Library Fees: The library will always try to borrow items from libraries that lend free of charge. If a free source is not available, the patron will be notified and given opportunity to decline the requested materials and the lending library fees. If the patron decides to proceed with the request, they will be required to pay the charges.
- Overdue materials will incur a $1 per day fee for each business day it is late.
- If you find you no longer need the item, please inform your library immediately. If the item has already been ordered and shipped, you will still be responsible for the $3.00 charge for postage.