Free Library Card
In order to get a Campbell County library card, you must:
- Live in Campbell County, Virginia*
- Have a photo ID
- Have proof of your current address (driver’s license, DMV card, piece of mail, etc.)
*If you live in Bedford County or the City of Lynchburg, we can provide you with a card for your locality if you come to one of our libraries to apply for one. It will then be valid at all Campbell County locations.
Card Benefits (and, it’s all FREE!)
- Check out up to 99 items at a time (restrictions apply with certain collections, such as DVDs)
- Access to materials at all Campbell County, Bedford County, and Lynchburg City locations
- Hold fulfillment on up to 99 items at a time. What does this mean? See an item you want in the catalog? We’ll deliver it to the branch of your choice for free.
- Access to ebooks, eaudiobooks, emagazines that you can download on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Every card allows access to all online materials.
- Access to Legal Forms, resume builder, SAT practice tests, and more!
- 500 online courses with real instructors– everything from knitting to Excel to aromatherapy to leadership/management
Already have a card?
If you already have a library card from Campbell County, Bedford County, or the City of Lynchburg, you do NOT need to apply for a card. Your existing card will work with our system.
Existing card not working?
If you are trying to use your existing card with our automated system and it is not working, please call 434-332-9560 ext. 2 for assistance. Your card may have expired.
Lost your card?
If you have lost your card, please do not use the online application system. Just stop by any of our branches, and we’ll issue you a new one.